Netbook Opinion

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 16 16:21:31 UTC 2009

On 09/15/2009 08:26 PM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> Hey Guys,
> I am about to get a netbook for home/work so it must dual boot Linux
> and windows. What are some opinions anyone having used various brands
> have?
>
> Was looking at Acer's and Asus books.
>
> The Acer Aspire One 751H looks pretty nice.
>
> Thanks!
> jlc

IF the Aspire One 751H has the 160gb hardrive you would have no problem of dual booting.
Do you have a external CDROM/USB ? I carry a mini Sony cdrom with my Asus1000 netbook.

I use the full version of Fedora 11 on a 40gb SSD Asus1000 and it works just as good as my Dell Laptop.

As far as what Linux OS i would use use Fedora 11 it has more of the updated drivers for your wireless card, video, than does Ubuntu, The debian distro is 6-8 mo. behind fedora on drivers and forget about that BS about the bleeding edge OS, Fedora 11 is very stable.