Understanding Local Networking - help please?

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 16 16:38:30 UTC 2009

On 09/16/2009 11:52 AM, Mikkel wrote:
> DB wrote:
>
>> So now I can see all 3 computers from both Fedora machines.  Now to find
>> out how to access the files/mount the shares.
>>

> You may want to read the fusesmb man page.
>
> Mikkel

I don't know if you are using KDE or not , but the filemanager Konqueror
has a great app called "fish" that let connect to other Linux boxes
using "ssh" to move files between boxes.
As a example of connecting to another box;

In url box of Konqueror, Put    fish://bob@192.168.1.100 and type in
bob's password.  It will display the file system of Bob on your box, and
all you have to do is drag files between both boxes.