F-11 32-bit dial-up connection

gilson redrick gr843brz at basicisp.net
Thu Sep 17 01:36:25 UTC 2009

Hi!
For seven years I had hoped to get an OS where everything would work
well out of the box, to no avail. When I started installing this F-11 I
got from a magazine DVD, I thought the day had arrived: everything
worked well! Everything, that is, until...
  Until, kppp already connected to my ISP, I tried both Firefox and
Thunderbird, and neither would "find the server."
  I went to Administration/Network Manager, and it showed my modem, but
would not activate it. Got two error messages:
> Component: system-config-network
> Version: 1.5.97
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/NCPluginModemInterface.py", line 136,
> in on_Modem_prepare
>     dlist = getModemList()
>   File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/plugins/NCPluginDevModem.py", line 37, in
> getModemList
>     import kudzu
> ImportError: No module named kudzu
>
> Component: system-config-network
> Version: 1.5.97
> must be a sequence
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/NCPluginModemInterface.py", line 147,
> in on_Modem_prepare
>     self.xml.get_widget("modemDeviceEntryComBo").set_popdown_strings(dlist)
> TypeError: first argument must be a sequence
>
> Local variables in innermost frame:
> druid_page: <gnome.ui.DruidPageStandard object at 0x9d2b43c (GnomeDruidPageStandard at
> 0x9c6ce30)>
> dlist: None
> self: <netconfpkg.gui.NCPluginModemInterface.ModemInterfaceWizard instance at 0x9d2aa6c>
> druid: <gnome.ui.Druid object at 0x9d2b5a4 (GnomeDruid at 0x9dca2a0)>
> label: <gtk.Label object at 0x9d2bf04 (GtkLabel at 0x9ea39d8)>
> dialog: <gtk.Dialog object at 0x9d2bedc (GtkDialog at 0x9b760c0)>

  If I can't connect to my ISP, I can't use F-11!
--
Regards,
gilson redrick