Fedora 11 - Kernel 2.6.29 to 2.6.31

NoSpaze nospaze at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:46:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 22:44 +0530, Ramesh.R wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
> We are having the x86 PC with Fedora 11 ( which comes with kernel
> 2.6.29) installed.
> Now we want to upgrade its Kernel to 2.6.31.
> We tried as per the 'README' installation notes comes with the 2.6.31
> kernel, but failed in our attempt. Could you please help us
> on upgrading Kernel 2.6.31 to our Fedora 11 environment.

* Make sure your computer connection to the Internet works fine.

* Open a terminal (Menu, Applications, System tools, Terminal) and
write (exactly), it will ask you for your password. Enter it:

su -

* write (exactly):

yum -y update kernel

* That's it. Good luck...
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962