GoogleEarthLinux and Fedora11

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Fri Sep 18 05:27:30 UTC 2009

Maybe I should have left well enough alone, but I decided to install the
latest GoogleEarth this morning; ver 4 was working well, but I had experienced
some features from ver 5 in Windows that I liked. There were no error messages
during the install but if I try to run it I get:

googleearth
./googleearth-bin: ./libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
(required by ./libgoogleearth_lib.so)
./googleearth-bin: ./libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
(required by ./libbase.so)

If I query my installed programs:

rpm -qa | grep libstdc++
libstdc++-4.4.1-2.fc11.i586
libstdc++-devel-4.4.1-2.fc11.i586

Surely, GoogleEarth does not require that I regress that lib version, does it?
Anyone have ver5 running under Fedora11? Or, has glibcxx been removed from
libstdc++? I'm not sure how to continue this investigation - any help
appreciated...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA