Ati Drivers ??

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Sep 18 15:32:17 UTC 2009

On 09/18/2009 10:58 AM, Jim wrote:
> On 09/17/2009 08:07 PM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>> On 09/17/2009 08:01 PM, Jim wrote:
>>
>>> FC 11
>>> Where is the kmod-fglrx drivers in FC11.
>>>
>> The name has changed (didn't you see all the discussion on this list
>> about that?)  [sarcasm off].
>>
>> I think you want to look for kmod-catalyst now.
>>

> Thanks for the info.
> I found out it won't support my Ati Radeon Mobility 9200 AGP 1002:5C63

Then you are stuck using the radeon driver and waiting for them to
finish 3D support for it.  Say: "Thank-you AMD/ATI!"  We used to have
working 3D drivers for these cards, but no more (on recent kernels)
until the radeon driver finishes support for them.

Its really nice to know that my 2 1/2 yo laptop video is "obsolete".

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net