Why does laptop battery show < 100% charge

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 18 22:32:35 UTC 2009

James Wilkinson wrote:
> g wrote:
>> james, this is not to insult or hurt your feelings, but, from what you have
>> posted, you do not know much about batteries. especially when it comes to
>> cycling, ie, charging and discharging.
>
> I think you’ve got me confused with other posters.

not really. it was in response to;

}> Was that supposed to be general advice? (If so, thank-you – but I’m not
}> sure why it was necessary.)

which led me to believe that you felt that 'batteryuniversity.com' link was
not be helpful to op. in general, your reply appeared negative towards anyone
reading pages of link.

there is a search bar at bottom of page that i have used several times before
and this time with 'lithium-ion', which led to several very good explanations
of charging and cycling of lithium-ion cells, including harm that can occur.

granted, i used term 'you', which tends to imply you as op, but it was meant
only to point out to you benefits of site.

> Thank you. This is a helpful style of posting: reading it, I can easily
> tell what your point is. If I didn’t know this already, I would come
> away better informed.

which leads me to believe that because you claim to already know, your
response is negative to needs of op or others.

> But if you send someone to a self-styled “university” front page to make
> one point – how are we supposed to know which point the poster is trying
> to make?

anyone logging site will see search bar at bottom of page and if the have any
intelligence, they can use it to find more specific information.

> Yes, we can read the site, and also come away better informed –
> but it’s a lot of work for *all* readers, when the poster could
> summarize and save everybody else’s time.0

so would you rather have someone give you catfish or a fishing pole, tackle
box, and bait and find out that there are other types of fish? :)

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.