Music Appreciation teaching program ??

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 20 14:04:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 09:01 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Can anyone recommend a program to download from Fedora repo / any Linux
> repo / or the world that teaches Music Appreciation?
>
> I have something in mind like 'Rosette Stone' but for music.  Something
> that really starts with the basics and works up.
>
> I am think that maybe after 65 years, I can finally learn to recognize
> different beats, find out what a harmonic sounds like and discover a
> chord.  And then, move on to find out what they are useful for.
If you want a way out solution install "Sugar Development Environment"
using yum group install. The use the TamTam applications after you
switch from Gnome (or KDE, etc) to the Sugar window manager.

You will have to Google TamTam and Sugar to find out how the system
works or if you decide to try it e-mail me and I will help yur find the
appropriate helpful document. This works only for F10 and F11.
Somewhere in suburban Honolulu, an unemployed bellhop is whipping up a
batch of illegal psilocybin chop suey!!
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net