reading ancient floppy formats

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Sep 20 14:09:38 UTC 2009

| From: Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>

| On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:

| > Unfortunately, the setfdprm command was dropped from Fedora around
| > Fedora Core 6.

| Have you tried what happens if you run Fedora Core 6 in a Virtualbox VM?

No.  That might or might not work, depending on how the floppy
hardware is virtualized.  On the other hand, I could just boot
whatever Fedora I wanted on the real hardware anyway.

Why was the command dropped?  Would it no longer work?  Is there
another way provided to accomplish the same thing?

I think SuSE dropped the command too.  Debian and Ubuntu have it in the
fdutils package.