Failed upgrade to Fedora 11 from fedora 10

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 21 14:09:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 10:02 -0400, Rese Soul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade from fedora 10 to fedora 11. Every thing seemed
> working fine, but after downloading every thing and rebooting the os
> blocks during startup.
>
> I have thye following error message:
> SELinux: Context System_u:Object_r:xdm_spool_t:so is not valid (left
> unmapped).
>
> I did the same from fedora 8 to fedora 10 and it worked perfectly. I
> used preupgrade.

Try booting in single user mode (give the kernel boot parameter "single"
in the Grub prompt), running
 # touch /.autorelabel
and rebooting. This should relabel the SELinux security contexts of the
files on your file system. If the problem is SELinux related, it should
get fixed.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor