Running a Script- and debugging.

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:22:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
<...snip...>
> Could someone give me a Ideal as to this part of a script would hangup
> script.
> In FC11.
>
> The hangup stops at;
>
> cd 'dirname $0'
____

I'm going to guess here:
there may be a problem if you're running the install script in the
same directory
where the tarball of the source is. If this is the case make a
temporary directory
and untar the source in there and run the install script again.
The line   cd 'dirname $0'  wants to change to the directory where you have
the install script and it may be confused with the tarball having the same name
but only .tar added to it.

again -that's just a guess based on a similar thing I ran into earlier.
~af