Question about installing the proprietary nvidia drivers with RPMFusion

Hugh Caley hughc at
Wed Sep 23 00:46:20 UTC 2009

So I am using the proprietary nvidia drivers for my nvidia 6200 as
provided by the RPMfusion distro and kmod.  Works fine.  However,
evidently the nvidia card/system wants to use it's own version of, which is located at

x11 wants to used a located at

Couldn't get glx working unless I created the symlink

which is cool, although it took me a while to figure it out.

Today I installed a couple of updates to xorg-x11:

> xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.6.4-0.1.fc11           Tue 22 Sep 2009 05:33:21
> xorg-x11-server-common-1.6.4-0.1.fc11         Tue 22 Sep 2009 05:33:20

one of which overwrote my symlink with a new version of, and I
had to rename it and put in a new symlink.

Am I doing this right?  It seems a little unstable.

Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator
Aldon Computer Group
6001 Shellmound St. Suite 600
Emeryville, CA 94608