Fedora 11 Mouse and Xorg

Dennis Mattingly dennismattinglyzzark at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:10:27 UTC 2009

Hello,
I've been using Fedora 11 for months, and love it.

I've recently had issues with my PS2 mouse.
Sometimes it stops working, and other times is weird.
So I have a few questions:

How can I find out what's wrong with my mouse?
I unplugged it / reconnected it, and the mouse stopped going "up & down" for
over a week.

How can I check / post Xorg log files for review?
Mouse just started randomly working fine again, I haven't rebooted.
So I want to post log stuff.

Thanks for the help

Backstory::
A) Original mouse
My original / good mouse was eaten by my pet rabbit.

B) Old mouse from friend
Stats: Std 3-button, PS2 connection, Optical mouse
Worked fine, but eventually had the "always double-click" bug.
I would single click, and files would open, text would highlight, GIMP,
Office, Firefox, etc...
So I fed that one to my rabbit too.

C) Brand new mouse, but from an obscure 3rd party
Stats: Std 3-button, PS2 connection, Optical mouse
Worked fine, but then I unplug / replug mouse.
For next week, mouse does not go up and down.
And just 5 minutes ago, while surfing internet, mouse magic fixes itself.

Thanks again