[Solved] Re: Where are the english dictionaries for OOo, Firefox, Evolution, etc?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 24 09:51:01 UTC 2009

gilpel at altern.org:
>> It seems they're not spelled with i18n or aspell.

> They're under:
>
> /usr/share/myspell/

It's interesting that many of the languages in there are links to
another, as some of the languages (e.g. en_AU and en_GB) aren't 100% the
same as each other.

For example, although it's acceptable to spell some words ending with
ise or ize, such as "advertise," under some circumstances, where I live
(in Australia).  Under stricter circumstances, such as an English
assignment marked by a strict teacher, you might earn a fail on your
written work.

Now I'm going to be even less trusting of the spell checker in
OpenOffice.org.  Not that I was ever that trusting of any spell
checker...  Luckily my spulleng is allreddy prutty goot, und I stell haf
a printed dicshunairy on my dusk.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686