Intel video driver 2.8.1 is available; when in repository?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at
Thu Sep 24 16:58:50 UTC 2009

I too have experienced many problems with the 2.7 intel drivers,
although the version patched by redhat is far better than what intel
delivered as 2.7.
I guess the long list of self-patched issues is also the reason why
they don't want to simply switch to 2.8.

I am now running Fedora-12, but even there the latest version is
2.8.0, instead of 2.8.1.
I decided to compile 2.8.99 myself, and its almost as stable as the
last pure EXA based release - 2.4, which was for me the best version.

- Clemens