Notebook hp dv2313cl Wireless issue.

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Fri Sep 25 12:14:40 UTC 2009

On 09/25/2009 05:25 PM, Fabio Jara wrote:
> Hello to all, this is my first question to the list. Hope you guys can
> help me.
>
> I have a hp notebook, pavilion dv2313cl with broadcom wireless. Recently
> installed Fedora 11. All the other devices work great, but the broadcom
> doesn't.
>
> Have search google and find some info about using ndiswrapper together
> with the driver for windows vista 64. but can't install ndiswrapper,
>
> Is there a way to install my Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN?

You can use /either/

- The b43 driver (this module is already included in the standard f11 kernel)
along with the correct firmware:
http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#device_firmware

OR

- The proprietary wl driver from the rpmfusion repositories:
http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/broadcom-linux-sta-driver

Let us know if this works/doesn't work.

cheers,
- steve