[Solved] Re: Why update Swahili?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 25 15:56:14 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 01:42 -0400, William Case wrote:
> 2) This is a tip I learned the hard way, but once I learnt it, it has
> stood me in good stead.  To operate a bit more efficiently and
> effectively, take 4 hours, 2 hours for each program, and learn how to
> use vim(vi) and emacs.

Even for those that prefer GUI programs, you may need to know how use
some command line text editors, at least basically, to fix up a system
that won't boot properly, or start a graphical environment.  By default,
vi is already on Fedora, and many other systems.  So I'd say to learn
it, or pre-install some other editor, in preparation for that annoying
day where you can only fix up a system with what's already on it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.