evolution to exchange server

Mail Llists lists at sapience.com
Sat Sep 26 03:11:55 UTC 2009

On 09/24/2009 10:28 AM, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> The basic way to configure any of these is: install the plugin RPM,
> restart evolution, create an account and select Brutus (or Exchange or
> MAPI, resp.) as the server type.  You'll need some information about
> server URLs, which your admins can supply.  In particular, the Brutus
> setup asks for a port, but nobody I've asked seems to know what the
> right port is.

  I need to connect to exchange 2007 - with no imap. In my experience.

   a) thunderbird does not work.

   b) evo with owa does not work (it scrapes things based on older owa)

   c) evo-mapi - kind of reads some mails - but crashes doing almost
anything (like copying mails). It also was unable to send any mails to
any exchange user - mail stays in outbox - oddly it works perfectly well
sending mail to anyone outside address!

   d) evo brutus may be the only chance - tho it may not be active, and
i was not able to find the required desktop windows server as i
mentioned before.

  i'd really like to get this going ...

gene