evolution to exchange server

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sat Sep 26 16:02:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 23:11 -0400, Mail Llists wrote:
> On 09/24/2009 10:28 AM, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>
> > The basic way to configure any of these is: install the plugin RPM,
> > restart evolution, create an account and select Brutus (or Exchange or
> > MAPI, resp.) as the server type.  You'll need some information about
> > server URLs, which your admins can supply.  In particular, the Brutus
> > setup asks for a port, but nobody I've asked seems to know what the
> > right port is.
> >

>   I need to connect to exchange 2007 - with no imap. In my experience.
>
>    a) thunderbird does not work.

Correct--no MAPI. no OWA.

>    b) evo with owa does not work (it scrapes things based on older owa)

Correct again.

>    c) evo-mapi - kind of reads some mails - but crashes doing almost
> anything (like copying mails). It also was unable to send any mails to
> any exchange user - mail stays in outbox - oddly it works perfectly well
> sending mail to anyone outside address!

evo-mapi is probably the future, but it's not there yet.

There's a patch in Bugzilla to fix the problem with interminable
rescanning, but it hasn't been incorporated yet.  I don't know about the
other crashes you've experienced--I haven't had a chance to get that far
yet.

>    d) evo brutus may be the only chance - tho it may not be active, and
> i was not able to find the required desktop windows server as i
> mentioned before.

I used to have a link to them, but I don't think it was 42tools.com.
Nevertheless, that seems to be where most Web links point to, and
there's no reference to it there.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences