Setup of DNS caching name server for home server

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Sep 27 01:44:21 UTC 2009

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> I disagree. In general you should use reply to all, and if you want to
> reply privately to the sender you should use reply.

In "general" you are right.  However, this is a mailing list and I (for one)
*Do Not* want direct emails from people on the list when they are sending
list traffic!  I don't care how nice a person they may be.

IMHO, you are not being "nice" to your fellow community members.  You may
think you are being nice by stripping out things....  But don't you think
that if what you are stripping out is "helping" everyone that the list
server admins would have done this a long time ago?

All I know is that what you are doing is causing me to change what I do
where *NOBODY* else on this list is causing me "trouble".  So, even if you
are the only correct person on this list your actions are a PITA.

You can choose to continue the PITA actions if you like....I'll just have to
create "corrective" action at my end to deal with it.

FWIW, TBird is trying to be helpful as well....  When you sent this mail "To
 Tim" it thinks that picking my yahoo account to respond will be a good
thing.  Never seen that happen before....until I tried responding to
something you've munged.