adding/using a mimetype that matches every file ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 27 14:21:50 UTC 2009

Hi I want to add the ability to call up some command line apps from
nautilus, eg right click any file, a menu item named "open in ghex2"
should appear, which is programmed to run a small script with certain
parameters, or directly.

Particular ones are any file for md5sum, sha1sum etc, leaving a result
window open for review.

Also, would like an any text file one to point to gedit, eg so I can
edit backup~ files, and a heap of others where mime detection is screwed
eg- text config file is considered to be a cisco vpn setting, with no
editor assigned.

Did I mention I want to do this on gmome/nautilus (I can already do it
in kde/dolphin, but don't really use that) ?

Cheers, David Timms.