Power cut woes

Philip Heron phil at sanslogic.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 15:05:05 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have an old PC running F10, setup to play a simple animation in a
display. Nothing fancy. Yesterday the town was hit with a series of
power cuts which seems to have well and truely mucked it up. I took a
picture of the kind of errors I'm getting:

http://www.bacomponents.co.uk/f10-startup-errors.jpeg

The HAL bit sits for ages, then the screen blanks. X fails to start,
trying to login on the console gives me a password error, and ssh fails
to connect. I've run e2fsck on the disk and it seems fine.

Should I just nuke it and start again? Or is there a handy way to fix it?

-Phil