location of popup helpers question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Sep 28 15:38:13 UTC 2009

On Monday 28 September 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Monday 28 September 2009 11:28:22 Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >It's not entirely clear which tooltip you are referring to, but go to
>> >http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips and it's probably 2.7
>> > or 2.8 that you need.
>> >
>> >Anne
>> In particular, the one for the next button, Anne.  Thanks, when I do get
>> up for good, I'll check that link out.
>You'll find plenty that's useful there, Gene, but it won't solve this
>particular problem.  I think that is a system-wide setting, so try
>systemsettings > Appearance > Windows > Buttons tab > Show window button
That also seems to be a no-op, it was, I cycled it, left it off & clicked
apply, but when I park the mouse over the next arrow, a tooltip will pop up
in a short time, and which covers the left end of that messages subject line.

I am rather not inclined to move .kde as that means I'd have to spend a
couple of long days rebuilding the message sort filters among other things.

I would love to see kde break the kmailrc file up in subcategories as
separate files, keeping everything kmail related in the kmailrc has led to
several extensive, re-inventing the wheel by starting with the fuel injectors
type rebuilds over the years.

Thanks for trying, Anne.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Most people have two reasons for doing anything -- a good reason, and
the real reason.