SWAT with -P option

Arun Shrimali arun.reso at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 05:26:26 UTC 2009

Dear All
I am running Samba (3.41) with swat on Fedora 11 and both are working
fine. Now I want my users to be able to change their password through
web based application. I have tried many option but none of them
working perfectly with the latest version of Samba.

Finally, I zeroed down to SWAT, which is working perfectly for users
to change their password, but I don't want to have "view" tab on their
panel when they approach to change the password. This view tab gives
the complete configuration file - how their account is configured.

I found that "-P" option in SWAT can help me in this. Can any body
help me how to configure this in SWAT.

Regards

Arun