install Eclipse plugins in home folder

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 13:54:31 UTC 2009

* Christoph Höger <choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de> [2009-09-30 06:55]:
> in the good old days there used to be a plugins/ folder somewhere inside
> ~/.eclipse .

Yes, this was before p2 in 3.4.

> For f11 (eclipse 3.4) I cannot find this folder anymore. Any ideas where
> it has gone?

I don't know if it's possible to do it anymore.  There may be a
directory buried in ~/.eclipse somewhere but I'm not sure.

> Also /usr/{share,lib}/eclipse/{dropins,plugins}/ did not work out.

Why not?  No root access?  Try installing from the zip or local
directory with the update manager.  That should work just fine as a
regular user.

Andrew