snip extraneous quotes from your posts to the list, dammit

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Sep 30 15:49:32 UTC 2009

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Too bad there isn't a guideline on sending off-topic complaints about
> posting form, spelling, etc, etc, directly to the poster and not filling
> the list with noise.

You mean like resurrecting a thread that died 2 weeks ago?

I guess it would be better to bombard the poster with a dizen
messages from people on the list rather than to post one message
that shows the person has already been told, and also helps other
new users understand that there are guidelines, and they stand a
better chance of getting help if they follow them.

Mikkel