Latest updates are missing a dependency

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Sep 30 16:07:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:56:30 -0500
Rex Dieter wrote:

> OK, so a broken dep is found somewhere, now what?  Stop the presses,
> manually find what is broke, restart updates-push from the beginning?   Not
> fun.

But what happens now is the presses DON'T stop, but just spew
the broken updates to the world. And presumably the whole push-updates
process still has to happen again to get the fix pushed to the
world. I don't see anything particularly wrong with the "stop
the presses" model to postpone things till the updates are
in a sane state again.