update help

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Thu Apr 1 16:40:55 UTC 2010

Am 01.04.2010 10:21, schrieb Olaniyi Moluga:

Hello!

> [root at localhost olaniyi]# yum -y update
>
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
>
> http://linux.mirrors.es.net/fedora/updates/10/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (113, 'No route to host')>
>
> Trying other mirror.
>
> http://ftp.linux.cz/pub/linux/fedora/linux/updates/10/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Trying other mirror.

Does the output end here? From those message I conclude that either
these servers are down (no route to host), or the fedora mirror on the
specified server has been (re)moved (HTTP 404).

Yum will continue through its list of update servers, until it finds an
available one. So you can ignore those messages if yum reports a
successful connection at the end.

Those errors are not surprising, since Fedora 10 has reached "end of
life" - there will be no updates any more for F10. Therefore I would
suggest an update to F12.

--
bye
Adalbert