Firefox not running: unable to load XPCOM (was Re: )

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 08:34:43 UTC 2010

Hi Don,

Please have proper a subject and trim the replies appropriately, I
missed your earlier reply because of a missing subject and it was quite
difficult to pick out your responses.

On Friday 02 April 2010 12:48 AM, David García Granda wrote:
> Hi Don,

> 1.- Did you try strace (strace -o strace.log firefox)?. If not, please
> do it and post trace output file (strace.log in the example mentioned)
> for inspection.

As David mentioned in his earlier message, strace would help greatly here.

> 2.- Which architecture are you running (i686, x86_64)?. Do you have
> mixed libraries?

That could be a reason.
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17008

> 3.- Can you paste the content of configuration files stored under /etc/gre.d/?
>
> Regards,
>
> David

GL
--