Cups not advertising printers

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Apr 3 14:19:30 UTC 2010

I'm installing a new print server, and it's not serving. I've configured the
printer, it works locally, but even though I checked "share" the ipp packets are
only sent locally. My existing servers are on FC6, and work fine (private net)
but the administrative tools for FC12 are totally different.

Interestingly, when I try to add a printer, the client doesn't show any network
printers and when I try to explicitly look on the server I get a message:
   It is not possible to get a list of queues from `ps3.tmr.com'

   Obtaining a list of queues is a CUPS extension to IPP. Network
   printers do not support it.

Firewall is open, sharing enabled, what "security enhancement" do I have to
disable this time?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>