Fedora 12 install trashed boot sector of hard rive

Bart mighty_barto at telenet.be
Mon Apr 5 15:58:21 UTC 2010

Op zondag 04-04-2010 om 17:03 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Jeff Kittle:
> Hi
>

> Trying to install Fedora 12 x86_64 and the disk partition tool hung.
> Had to power down machine. Now when I try to install, it always goes
>
> To the basic text type of install and tells me I have no hard drive
> defined.
>

> I need some answers please

I had the same thing when installing Fedora 11.
I solved most of my problem by booting a live cd, install a tool called
"test-disk" (should be available through repo). It's a very powerful
command-line tool to search and repair partitions and/or data on a
broken hard disk or when your boot sector is trashed.