FPL steps down: what's the real story?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 21:09:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:36 PM, psmith <psmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 01/04/10 23:44, Craig White wrote:
>
> > I do have faith that Fedora governance is
> > independent of Red Hat.
> >
> > Craig
> >

> you are joking right? fedora is just a testing ground for redhat (think
> selinux, pulseaudio, abrt etc etc), and the governance is full of
> @redhat.com people
>
> You know how it is, some people like to see things their way.

I, for one, have no objection with Fedora being used as a test bench for
RHEL: if RH invests in Fedora, it should get a return on investment. This is
normal business.

OTOH, I'm really glad that there is absolutely no problem at RH/Fedora (RHF)
since, after checking insiders tradings at Yahoo, if there was a problem, I
would truly have no idea on how to solve it. I can't figure how the figures
I see there are compatible with developers working for Red Hat for free...
Ooops! I meant "contributing their work" for free.

So, no problem and no solution: everything is fine.

Meanwhile, back on the farm, Mark Shuttleworth pays his developers and
doesn't get a cent back... for now.