Klipper now works in GNOME!

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Apr 6 03:53:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 22:42 -0400, Marcel Rieux wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Christoph Wickert
>
>         I already told you what that the
>         behavior you saw with parcellite was intended, at least if you
>         configure
>         parcellite this way
>
> On this matter, I wrote:
>
> > When you have more than a screenful of
> > entries, you have to scroll up the list to the first entry. This
> > disqualifies parcelite for me.
>
> You answered:
>
> So where is your bug report or feature request. Parcellite is hosted
> on
> Google Code and you already have a Google account. Hooray, you don't
> have to register your 1001th bug tracker account!
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.fedoraproject.org/msg05455.html
>
> ===============
>
> So, what did you tell me exactly? This stupid behavior was intended?
> No, you told me to fill a bug report for a bug nobody, including you
> and the developer, couldn't miss.
>
>         > Glipper is still unavailable.
>
>         I already told you that Glipper was orphaned because it has
>         some severe
>         bugs that are not going to be fixed because the project is
>         dead
>         upstream.
>
> So, GNOME doesn't have a clipboard and you have to install all the KDE
> libraries in order to have a clipboard that works properly. How nice!
>
>         Please be so kind as to read what other people write.
>
> Please be so kind as to remember what you write. Since your fury is
> very unlikely to let you remember anything, I can  come up with a
> better sugegstion: buzz off!
----
Marcel - your charm clearly knows no limits.

He told you that the behavior you were experiencing was exactly as
intended if you installed parcellite...

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-March/369023.html

I can't imagine any reason for someone to actually try to help you in
the future unless they like to be abused.

Craig

believed to be clean.