USB Bluetooth Recommendations

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Apr 6 22:37:46 UTC 2010

Fedora User writes:

> Fedora 12
> Application=Connect mobile  phone to laptop.
>
> Any suggestions on what is known to work would be appreciated.

Are you certain that this is the only way you can tether to your phone?

Modern phones also offer a mini or a micro USB jack. Just for giggles, I
plugged my new Nokia via the USB cable. The phone automatically offers me a
"PC Suite" or "Data Storage" connection mode. In data storage mode, I get a
boring mount of the SD card inside the phone. If I choose "PC Suite", the
"Mobile broadband" option in Network Manager appears out of nowhere, and I
get a menu entry to set up a new broadband GSM connection.

Since I do not have a data plan I haven't really tried it, but it certainly
looks like it will work.