Changing host name

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 00:29:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 23:47 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I believe Patrick may have missed the part about your using
> "system-control-network"...if that is of any value.  :-)

Not really, given that he didn't say he was using s-c-n but something
called the "network control applet" in Gnome. Since I don't use Gnome,
I've no idea what that means, if anything. My reply simply pointed out
that localhost is widely assumed to be defined, and that having it
undefined is likely to lead to breakage. Said breakage may or may not
affect the network connectivity directly, but you can be sure that
something somewhere will not work as expected, i.e. it's a bad idea.

poc