KDE problems.

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 05:42:06 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I suppose this should be sent to the KDE folks but I'm not sure.

I'm a recent convert (shudder) to KDE 4.x and am looking for a way to do what I used to do with KDE 3.x.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is there a conversion document that collects all this configuration information in one place by any chance? I chose KDE some time ago (several years) because of it's "Control Center" which gathered all the config options I wanted in ONE PLACE and not all over the landscape as Gnome was (maybe still is?).

2) I used to be able to map "alt up/down" arrows to raise/lower the "current" Widget. Apparently this capability no longer exists?

Any/all help/hints/tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

George...

"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers