Audacity

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Wed Apr 7 21:36:29 UTC 2010

On 7 April 2010 22:29, Michael Miles <mmamiga6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/07/2010 02:00 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:51:09 -0700, Michael wrote:
>>

>>> I'll be damned if I can find it

>>   it's a readable INI-file.
>> And what language options do you see in Audacity's
>> Preferences>  Interface>  Language combobox?
>>
> Language=af
>
> What do I do change the af to en?
>
> or is af a code number

errr.... replace the letters "af" with the letters "en" using a text editor?

I suspect you can also use en_US, en_GB, en_CA - depending on what you
consider "English".

"af" not a code number, it's a locale - there are hundreds of them.
It's one I happen to know off the top of my head as I work with a
bunch of South Africans - but there are loads more - have a look at
/usr/share/locale/ - I'm pretty sure you can pick any of those
directory names.

The real question is "why does Audacity set that as the locale?" -
setting it manually may not work as it might be inherited from
elsewhere in your configuration - tr it and see!

--
Sam