recommend hardware firewall

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Apr 8 17:13:08 UTC 2010

Michael Miles wrote:

> It looks like the default desktop config for firewall lets everything
> through

Don't be misled by the policy, the last rule can be read "If it isn't accepted
by now tell it to go away." I do have my policy set to DROP, though, just in
case I manage to test something and knock out the REJECT rule. And I DROP a few
things just in case a probe is waiting for any response.

I actually use a whole separate table for TCP,SYN packets, I have some rejects
and what-not there.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>