Stopping Audio CD automatically playing on F12

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri Apr 9 00:53:54 UTC 2010

People,

On 2010-04-09 09:38, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Aioanei,
>

> On 2010-04-09 01:53, Aioanei Rares wrote:
>> On 04/08/2010 06:17 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>>> People,
>>>
>>> I am using:
>>>
>>> kernel-2.6.32.10-90.fc12.x86_64
>>>
>>> with PulseAudio uninstalled (ie using ALSA) and I want to prevent Audio
>>> CDs from automatically playing when I put them into the drive. I have
>>> turned off ALL automatic options for ALL media using:
>>>
>>> thunar - Edit - Preferences - Volume Management - Configure
>>>
>>> and restarted Gnome but the behaviour persists - what am I missing?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Phil.
>  >
>> Since Thunar is a XFCE app, what are you using? XFCE or Gnome?
>

> Ah . . I couldn't find anything on the Gnome menus and found the comment
> about thunar when Googling - so how do you do it with Gnome?

On Gnome I just found:

	System - File Management - Media Handling

- I changed everything to "Do Nothing" but when I insert an audio CD,
the system is continually trying start playing it - flashing an Audio CD
icon on the desktop every few seconds.  I might change back to LXDE and
see what happens there.

Thanks,

Phil.
--