FPL steps down: what's the real story?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 05:43:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/09/2010 05:17 AM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
>
> [ You mailed me offlist and then quoted me on a public list.  You need
> to stop doing that]
>
> > You are right in observing that the cost of living is not the same in
> > America and India. But, if RHF is satisfied with your work, you should
> > be able to afford a 64 bit computer, which according to Wikipedia were
> > first made popular by AMD in 2003, 7 years ago.
>
> I use my laptop because I like it.  Whats your problem with it?  Whether
> I use a 32-bit laptop or not is entirely my choice. None of your
> business.  Is it?
>
> > Now, of course, we heard that Fedora 13 will have KDE as its default
> > desktop. Does this mean a move? I certainly don't know.
>
> Again.  Check your facts.  You go on making assumptions about things
> that are either clearly not true or they are completely unverified.

No, that's not again: it's the first fact I get wrong and it's irrelevant to
my demonstration.

Whether it's a laptop or a desktop, your computer is still a 32 bit. It is
also irrelevant to my demonstration. Until RHF proves the countrary, I'll
say nobody in India gets paid as much by RHF as Mathew Szulik :)

I'm glad to find out that we now agree on what "making a cent" means.