fort77 compiler

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Apr 9 10:32:47 UTC 2010

On 04/09/2010 06:24 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 04/09/2010 02:48 PM, Siavoush Dastmalchi wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>

>> I am trying to install a program on my Linux system (Fedora core 5)
>> but it fails because there is no fort77 compiler. I know that I have a
>> working ifort on my system, but I need fort77.
>>
>> It looks like that the program that I am trying to install can also be
>> compiled with g77, but again this one is also missing.
>>
>> I was wondering how I can get these compliers and get them work on my
>> system.
>>

>> Cheers, Siavoush
>>

> FC5 is rather old...  I think it used yum....
>
> yum whatprovides */bin/g77
>
> clues you in on what you need to install...assuming it is available in FC5

You know....after I wrote that I just realized it won't work since none
of the repositories contain any packages for that old release....

So, load up your old media and look for "g77".  Maybe compat-gcc-34-g77
exists as Suvayu mentioned.

--
Bart: Can I be a boozehound? Homer: Not till you're 15.
Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(annoyed grunt)ocious Guess Who!