Weird messages during the most recent F13 updates with yum

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Apr 9 12:20:12 UTC 2010

On 04/09/2010 08:13 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Running "yum update" - the update is done, but getting twice weird
> messages:
>
> Warning in file
> "/usr/share/applications/fedora-Thunar-folder-handler.desktop": usage
> of MIME type "x-directory/gnome-default-handler" is discouraged
> ("x-directory" is an old media type that should be replaced with a
> modern equivalent)
> Warning in file
> "/usr/share/applications/fedora-Thunar-folder-handler.desktop": usage
> of MIME type "x-directory/normal" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an
> old media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
> Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/fedora-xarchiver.desktop":
> usage of MIME type "multipart/x-zip" is discouraged ("multipart" is a
> media type that probably does not make sense in this context)
> Warning in file
> "/usr/share/applications/gnome-nautilus-folder-handler.desktop": usage
> of MIME type "x-directory/gnome-default-handler" is discouraged
> ("x-directory" is an old media type that should be replaced with a
> modern equivalent)
> Warning in file
> "/usr/share/applications/gnome-nautilus-folder-handler.desktop": usage
> of MIME type "x-directory/normal" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an
> old media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
> Error in file "/usr/share/applications/kde/printers.desktop":
> "print/manager" is an invalid MIME type ("print" is an unregistered
> media type)
> Error in file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/kfontview.desktop":
> "fonts/package" is an invalid MIME type ("fonts" is an unregistered
> media type)
>
> Anybody has this seen too?
>
> Kind regards

I ran an update about 2 hrs ago and did not get those error messages.
But, then again, those files referenced don't exist on my system.  I do
have both Gnome and KDE installed.  This was a fresh F13-alpha install
if that makes any difference.

--
Human kind cannot bear very much reality. -- T.S. Eliot, "Four Quartets:
Burnt Norton" Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7