HP photosmart 1215 printer issues

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 9 18:10:29 UTC 2010

Hi, everyone,
        I am also having a printer problem.  I let my printer run out of
ink
and let the messages queue up for a week, then bought the cartridges.  I
plugged one in and the queue won't restart, and shows the message about
the printer being low on ink and the queue stopped.

I have also tried the tape over bits fix and repeatedly powered up and
down the system and printer in various combinations, with and without
the cable in place.  I really don't want to loose the stuff in the
queue, so I am hesitant to go any farther without help.

Hplip shows the new and correct ink levels.

Cups says it has stopped the printer due to low ink, but then says the
printer doesn't report marker levels (clearly untrue because hplip finds
them)

I have finally gotten hplip to initialize the queue and show it as
accepting jobs, but I am out of ideas, out of web based solutions,
and unsure if the f12 patch will install on F11?

Regards,
Les H