Thunderbird to Firefox url link

Sawrub luckysharma11 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 07:27:38 UTC 2010

On 04/11/2010 05:18 AM, david walcroft wrote:
> A fresh install of FC12 i386 and the link between a url in
> thunderbird does not bring up that url in firefox. I don't know how the
> link works ,can somebody help
>
> Thanks  david

Launch TB and select Edit ->Preferences , On the far right and click
Advanced then at the bottom of the window "Advanced Configuration" and
click the button Config editor
In the filter section check for "protocol-handler.app" the values should
be, if not set them to these.
- network.protocol-handler.app.ftp :
/usr/lib64/thunderbird-3.0/open-browser.sh
- network.protocol-handler.app.http :
/usr/lib64/thunderbird-3.0/open-browser.sh
- network.protocol-handler.app.https :
/usr/lib64/thunderbird-3.0/open-browser.sh

once done TB will open the links in the Default Browser set on your machine.

--
Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644