Open Office 3.2 Issues in Fedora 12

Ariel Constenla-Haile ariel.constenla.haile at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 12 22:56:49 UTC 2010

Hello Alexis,

On Monday 12 April 2010, 13:00, Alexis Pardo wrote:
> > Thanks, Ariel. I followed your indications, however, both of them does
> > not work for me. I don't know why this is happening with my fedora
> > system.
> >
> > a) I did it (nothing happened)
> > b) It's ok.
> >

> > *Note: WHen I use this command "yum group install office". Yum installs
> > OOo 3.1 and the look of this program is great. Look at this image
> > *
>
> http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6117/pantallazost.png
>
> > *
> > According to my escenario, Is there a way to say yum "install 00o 3.2"?
> > Maybe OOo improve its appearance.*

well, now may be your problem is that you have installed both OOo downloaded
from OOo site (it installs in /opt) and OOo from Fedora repos.

You may try the following:

a) remove* both* OOo version *completely*
b) install OOo 3.2 downloaded from OOo site
c) edit /etc/yum.conf and add a line to exclude updating OOo

exclude=openoffice.org*

The problem is an issue in the URE package versioning, that will remove OOo-
Sun/Oracle URE and replace it with OOo RedHat/Fedora:

For example I have installed OOo-Sun/Oracle 3.2

Installed Packages
Name       : openoffice.org-ure
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 1.7.0
Release    : 9481
Size       : 9.6 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : UNO Runtime Environment
License    : LGPL

Available Packages
Name       : openoffice.org-ure
Arch       : x86_64
Epoch      : 1
Version    : 3.1.1
Release    : 19.28.fc12
Size       : 2.4 M
Repo       : updates
Summary    : UNO Runtime Environment
URL        : http://www.openoffice.org/
License    : LGPLv3 and LGPLv2+ and MPLv1.1 and BSD

running yum update will try to update Sun/Oracle's URE with Fedora's

-> Running transaction check
---> Package openoffice.org-ure.x86_64 1:3.1.1-19.28.fc12 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

If you try this, please report back.
Luck.

Regards