New video card

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Tue Apr 13 18:08:51 UTC 2010

On 13 April 2010 18:50, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> Greets all;
>
> I have a PNY, PCI-e, GForce 9400 GT card still in the box.  What sort of
> support will it have with the neauvou (sp) driver when I install F13 beta?

You can get a basic overview of what is complete here (that is an NV50
based card):

http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FeatureMatrix

But it changes regularly and I bet that updating the FeatureMatrix is
not a top priority when there is development work to be done. You will
probably get the same or more functionality to that promised in the
FeatureMatrix.

I also have an NV50 based card in my Work Desktop, and I'm interested
in the results you get as I can't just tinker with my workstation as I
need it to work!

F13 on my Intel-based laptop hums along nicely though ;o)

--
Sam