Nagios-plugins packaging change broke my Nagios (plugins moved out of "nagios-plugins" to "nagios-plugins-all")

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 00:17:16 UTC 2010

Wow.  When I ran "yum update" recently on my Nagios server, it broke
our Nagios, as nagios plugins used to be in "nagios-plugins" package
but now it's just a stub, and the nagios plugins are packaged individually.

I fixed it with installing "nagios-plugins-all".

I am sure there was a reason for the packaging change but it was not
implemented gracefully...  Wouldn't it have been better to deprecate the
nagios-plugins package and stop updating it rather than replacing it
with a stub that effectively broke a working Nagios installation?

If this is not the right forum, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Aleksey