SSH tunnel for ssh traffic

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Thu Apr 15 15:15:54 UTC 2010

Christoph Höger wrote:

> I need to ssh to some remote VM that sit in a private LAN. For any other
> service (e.g. RDP) I'd use ssh tunneling just normal.
> But what do I do for ssh traffic? Since ssh is not host agnostic, it
> will always complain about localhost having a different RSA key.
> I just do not want to edit the known_hosts every time I need to connecto
> to a new machine!

I have a machine which changes RSA key every boot (boot from read only USB key).
The messages you are trying to avoid go away withi this in ssh_config:

  Host myhostname
    StrictHostKeyChecking no
    UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null

you should have localhost instead of myhostname.

(are you really worried about someone hijacking localhost?) :-)

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it