Clamav

Michael Miles mmamiga6 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 22:03:10 UTC 2010

Re: Clamav
From:
Michael Miles <mmamiga6 at gmail.com>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:55:59 -0700

To:
users at lists.fedoraproject.org

On 04/16/2010 01:39 PM, jdow wrote:

> [...]
I started with the Vic 20 then went to the 64

I had a Amiga 3000 up to a 68060 and of course lightwave and the video
toaster by newtek.

Now that Amiga was a system which I adored

I find Linux similar but I love the drag and drop of the amiga
especially for devices.

I run an Amd Phenom 2 945 now initialy with Win 7 x64 ultimate.

Am totally fed up with Windows

I like Fedora very much and am extremely impressed with security.

I freaked out when Clamav found a trojan in my mozilla directory only to
see it was the test virus that comes with clamav.

I have a home network here with 2 other computers on it. Both Win 7 machines

We do not share mail service and only share music and videos from this
machine
(fat 4 tera byte hd)

Anyway I think I will let it run for a bit but I'm still not sure I want
it on.
Still have really no need unless viruses start to take hold with linux.

At the very same time once the damage is done by a nasty virus it is too
late.

Some protection is needed, I would think

I put in a backup Win 7 dvd and scanned it

Clam av found 4 on the dvd. Bitdefender  for unices found 15

Michael
-- users mailing list users at lists.fedoraproject.org To unsubscribe or
change subscription options:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines