GVFS-METADATA fault

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Sat Apr 17 21:23:04 UTC 2010

On 17 April 2010 21:36, Michael Miles <mmamiga6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/17/2010 01:22 PM, Sam Sharpe wrote:
>> On 17 April 2010 20:09, Michael Miles<mmamiga6 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Had an interesting error pop up after I ran Avira on this computer
>>>
>>> gvfs-metadata segment fault 11
>>>
>>> I would assume it was Avira that produced this fault
>>>
>>> I ran this command rm -rf ~/.local/share/gvfs-metadata
>>>
>>> I will test and see if it repaired it.
>>>
>> Please get a blog. Your noise goes out to thousands of people and it
>> really isn't as interesting as you seem to think.

> You know, if have nothing nice to say then please don't say anything
> I found your comment very rude sir

That was deliberate. I find your mail etiquette very rude as well. The
difference is that I was being rude to you personally to make my
point. You are being rude to every subscriber to this list. I would
suggest that as you seem to have very little sensible to say, that you
follow your own advise Sir.

You need to consider that this list is a broadcast medium. We have no
choice about which posts make it to our mailboxes, everything you
send, whether relevant or interesting makes it to all of our inboxes.
It would be more efficient if you filtered yourself at source than we
all independently filter you at the time of reception, but I'm quite
willing to do the latter if you like - but then you won't get the
benefit of my help, which you've found useful at least once.

I reviewed your contribution to this list over the past four weeks
which you have been posting and found lots of examples of bad
behaviour. As an example, when in one post about what kind of GPU Gene
should buy, Andrew Haley asked you why you felt you needed CUDA
support, you couldn't answer. Then you came back later and started a
new post (new thread) with the following:

===========
I just googled cuda applications fedora 12 and it seems there
applications sprouting up now.

Another year and linux should catch up, I hope it is not that long

It sure is one to follow as GPU computing is a cheap way to increase
performance on your machines
===========

The point being, if I or anyone else wanted to know this information
or perhaps wanted to form an educated opinion, we are just as (if not
more) capable of trawling search engines than you are. This apparently
wasn't enough for you - you felt the need to inform us that ATI were
also developing something like CUDA - again, you felt the need to
broadcast this information using the following new post (I've
reproduced it in it's entirety):

glad I got your attention, so perhaps you can take this as a piece of
advise:

It's better to stay silent and look a fool, rather than post and
remove all doubt.
(to paraphrase Mark Twain)

--
Sam